Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

who remembers this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked for a vending/amusement company and that game was one of the console games I installed and serviced in bars and pool halls. There was the even more basic "Pong" game!!

I liked asteroids, that was a good game. The games my kids play today are amazing. Frogger and pacman was fun in the day as well.

May favorite was Sonic which I still play every now and then using an emulator.

I remember the suicide bombers used to often get me.

Attachments

• Sonic  bomber 1..gif
    Sonic bomber 1..gif
    39.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Sonic bomber 2..gif
    Sonic bomber 2..gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 170
I liked asteroids, that was a good game. The games my kids play today are amazing. Frogger and pacman was fun in the day as well.

Asteroids, like Battlezone and Lunar Lander used vector-scan graphics to keep the processing to a minimum.

That was why the screens on them were largely black.

The cell phone that I still use sometimes, that my daughter decided was too old to be seen with about 5 years ago, has so much more processing power than those arcade games that it is hard to comprehend.

Montizumas Revenge on the old early 90's Apple IIe and Macs.
I ruled it and thats all I can say! :D

Tempest. I could play that one for hours...

My son played those old Atari simple games when he was young. I didn't because they were BORING!

I once met Toshihiro Nishikado the programmer of the original Space Invaders. He came to visit our Manchester office when we were working on a game for Taito. I think it was when we were converting Sky Shark to the NES. Those were fun days. I wonder if I still have his business card.

Mike.

I once met Toshihiro Nishikado the programmer of the original Space Invaders. He came to visit our Manchester office when we were working on a game for Taito. I think it was when we were converting Sky Shark to the NES. Those were fun days. I wonder if I still have his business card.

Mike.

Our rock stars aren't like your rock stars? :)

Last edited:
Wasn't Space Invaders mentioned in a National Lampoon Vacation movie series?
I remember the effects those games had on younger kids back then, and how one story appeared that a junior high student in my hometown emptied his bank account just to master Space Invaders and Asteroids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back