Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

who made this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board now runs on commercial software, but previously it ran on the excellent free software PHPBB - google for that and download it. You then just need webspace that provides PHP and MySql.

Hey, whaddya know ... doom n' gloom is back among us spreading pessimism and encouragement!

Creating a forum is easy, but making it successful isn't.

You need to advertise it and make the site good enough to make people want to post.

Hey, whaddya know ... doom n' gloom is back among us spreading pessimism and encouragement!

Mark

{13:7} And when ye shall hear of wars
and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for [such things]
must needs be; but the end [shall] not [be] yet. {13:8} For
nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against
kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places,
and there shall be famines and troubles: these [are] the
beginnings of sorrows.

Now what you mean by gloom & doom? This is good news. Did you hear about Yellow Stone Nat'l park? It's fixing to blow it's top. It makes Mt St Hellins look like a fire cracker.

Actually, I came to visit my best friend....HiTeck :D

I've always wondered how Electro-tech-online looks from a moderator POV

Now I think this may be the answer :D

**broken link removed**

I've always found it fun to go through and look at who has alternate accounts(aka what accounts share the same IP).

You can't tell users apart by IP address. You can make some inferences but that's about it. It's possible for multiple users to have the same IP address, and it's possible for one user to have multiple IP addresses.

There's a reason nobody tries to track users by IP address. If it was that easy we wouldn't need cookies. :)

Regards,

Torben

AOL are a particular pain for moderators as many AOL users can be logged on to a forum with the same IP address (poxy/proxy servers)

Did you hear about Yellow Stone Nat'l park? It's fixing to blow it's top. It makes Mt St Hellins look like a fire cracker.
That will be cool.:D
I found an article in Google that says Yellow Stone's eruption is 40,000 years overdue. It will be 2500 times the size of Mount St. Helen's eruption.

First trip to Mars.

I found an article in Google that says Yellow Stone's eruption is 40,000 years overdue. It will be 2500 times the size of Mount St. Helen's eruption.

I think I'd like to see yellow stone. When did you say that was ?

kv:D:D:D

SV{13:7} And when ye shall hear of stories
and rumours of fiction, be ye not troubled: for [such things]
must be entertaining; but the end [shall] not [be] yet. {13:8} For
Varmint shall rise against the naysayers, and forum members against
forum members: and there shall be headaches in many places,
and there shall be females causing troubles: these [are] but the
tip of the arrows.

And BTW, Yellowstone isn't going anywhere until I say it can. Once I get around to visiting the place, then it can blow its top afterwards.

2500 times? That seems a bit over stated. I saw a documentary on the super-volcano that lies within the park but I don't remember hearing that high of a number. Perhaps hundreds of times larger but thousands? It would take out Canada and Mexico too.

I think it was Wikipedia where I read about Yellow Stone's impending POP!.
They say it will be a big one. I hope the ash will not cause night to last for weeks.

Perhaps it's the asnwer to global warming?

Ash will block out the sun, leading to a reduction in global temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back