Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which site is recommended for purchasing electronic parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajamesr2

Hi, just entering freshman year as (hopefully) a future engineer graduate. I've read tutorials online on how to mod the x-box, put together LED switch lights, and other simple projects.

I am realizing that Radio Shack is a little expensive with some of their items and I was wondering which web site people recommended for buying electronic parts.

If someone could send me a link for some other simple projects that'd be great too.

**broken link removed**

I'm guessing from your lingo that you're American, in which case my favourite suppliers won't be of any help to you.

If you are from the UK, then I can recommend Rapid Electronics, which is where I tend to get most of my supplies. They need to improve their website search engine so that components can be found more easily but their service is good and I've never had any problems with them.

Brian

In the US and Canada, Digi-Key, as far as I can tell, is up to snuff.

I know you're looking for online sites, but I think it's worth mentioning : surplus stores are your friends! I visit 2 regularly, and I always find something interesting, at ridiculous prices.

Today I found right-angle PCB mount LEDs, some yellow and some green, at 15 cents a piece. 15 canadian cents at that! I also got some 3.75" x 12" chinese Veroboard knockoffs for $3.50 each. The real deal sells for $28 before taxes around here!... They also have a bunch of fixed and variable voltage wall warts for ridiculous prices.

Their customer service sucks, the store smells, but surplus stores often have by far the best prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back