Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what PIC should i use

Status
Not open for further replies.
do u think that the RX &TX are useless cause the PIC also can control the motor and to record.so y still need RX&TX?i don't have RX&TX cause i lecture told me that our country don't sold its..do you have any website about how to record data into PIC?

Thats why I asked very first in which medium you going to transfer the protocol?

First you must decide that.

not i don't want to do the protocol because i don't know how to build a car with very basic electronic and programing knowledge..that why i asking you all see have any idea or not then i just do it.

Last edited:
You need a radio transmitter and receiver if you want the car to be radio controlled. You could use IR (like a TV remote - but not outdoors) or a wire like you find on inexpensive toys). If you do not want remote control, just program the car, you could download the command from a PC.

Which do you want to do? All are possible the wire is are simple compared to the radio or IR link.

To answer you question. I do not think the RX and TX chips from the schematic are useless. You still need the radio portion of the chips and they may be the least expensive way to get that. The rest of what the RX chip does could be done with the PIC but then you would have to buy a RX without that logic/functionality. Just a radio reciever.

do u think that the RX &TX are useless cause the PIC also can control the motor and to record.so y still need RX&TX?i don't have RX&TX cause i lecture told me that our country don't sold its..do you have any website about how to record data into PIC?

Last edited:
seesy1234 said:
i don't want to do the protocol because i don't know how to build a car with very basic electronic and programing knowledge..that why i asking you all see have any idea or not then i just do it.

Unless you are willing to learn to program and maybe a bit more about electronics this will be a difficult or impossible project.

It would be better to pick a project that used what you learned in class.

3v0,ur explanation very detail..thanks..i wan use the RF cause my lecture approval it already,so i must build it out .. that mean you using the RX and TX as a module to transmit and receive data?but which pins of RX should i connect it to PIC cause RX already have it own function..so is it i don't need using any of peripheral ( SPI, I2C, UART, PMP etc)

Last edited:
in college we never do any project and touch a bit of circuit diagram..what we learn in college is do the calculation on the circuit and theory..

in college we never do any project and touch a bit of circuit diagram..what we learn in college is do the calculation on the circuit and theory..
OK I understand that.

but which pins of RX should i connect it to PIC cause RX already have it own function..
Execpt for VDD, VSS, and VPP most all PIC pins can function as digital IO pins. Regardless of what its labeled function is. The datasheet for the 18F2525 talks about IO ports in section 9.0 I/O PORTS. In part it says "The RA4 pin is multiplexed with the Timer0 module". That means the pin RA4 (PORTA bit 4) can be used as a digital IO bit or it can be used with Timer0. Not both at the same time.

i wan to ask..is it the RF RC car from the analog signal to digital?so if i using PIC18F2525 then it have enough space to record the data?

now i learning the PIC16F assembly..so i think need to change to learn PIC 18F assembly..do you have PIC18F programming website can recommend?

now i learning the PIC16F assembly..so i think need to change to learn PIC 18F assembly..do you have PIC18F programming website can recommend?
I do not program in assembly. If you want programming help from me you need to use C18 C or Swordfish Basic both are free. There are othes who program in ASM.

The ASM for the 16F and 18F are not all that different.

Regardless of the language you still need to understand the chip and how it works.

Hold the phone! I found this cool little program:

**broken link removed**

I am going to download it.

This is sweet! You can select just what your looking for. I have been playing around with it and you can select any of 3 catagories to start:
Analog
Memory
Microcontroller

Very easy to navigate around in and selects just what your looking for.

3v0,do you know the assembly language...what are C18 C or Swordfish Basic??a sofware or PIC?i really need all of you help in programming cause i don't have much experience

Last edited:
**broken link removed** is Microchip's C compiler for the 18F series of PICs. There is a somewhat limited free demo/student version.

Swordfish is a nice BASIC compiler and IDE for the PIC 18F's. It also has a very useable free demo version.

The first 60 days of C18 is the complete version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back