Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Industrial Electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrostatic

Correct me if im wrong. The world of industrial electronics consist of repairing and doing maintenance of electronic equipment in the world of machinery. Is this a somewhat correct definition of industrial electronics.

Your description sounds as bad as any I could think of. :lol:

As well as repair and maintenance, dont forget that somebody somewhere has to design the basic building blocks of the system.

Somebody has to design the system to control say an oil refinery or car production plant.

Somebody has to install and commission it.
And last but not least, as you said, someone has to maintain it.

A wide field.

JimB

The description i gave was not bad. The problem was that i was thinking in the mind of a technician when i wrote that description and not an engineer. I just wanted to know if i had the write idea.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Electrostatic said:
Wow! you guys really know how to correct someone.

You get mean and nasty as you get older! :lol:

Wait till you meet Audioguru? :twisted:

Wow! so being nasty is part of an old geezer correction method. Sounds entertaining to me. I met audioguru once when i asked a question in regards to maximum power transfer on one of the post and he seemed cool to me.

Electrostatic said:

Well you did ask to be corrected

Electrostatic said:
Correct me if im wrong.
and you did :D

Electrostatic said:
Wow! so being nasty is part of an old geezer correction method. Sounds entertaining to me. I met audioguru once when i asked a question in regards to maximum power transfer on one of the post and he seemed cool to me.

I can't believe he's not responded yet?, perhaps he's out chasing young women? :lol:

Electrostatic said:
I find most people here resort to fault-finding when they can't or won't answer a question, plus there's a tendency to haze new members :roll: (won't go into that now). I was confused by this term as well, so checking with IEEE's website, I came across this mission statement from their Industrial Electronics Society:
IEEE (IES) said:
The Industrial Electronics Society through its members encompasses a diverse range of technical activities devoted to the application of electronics and electrical sciences for the enhancement of industrial and manufacturing processes. These technical activities address the latest developments in intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, data acquisition and signal processing, vision systems, and power electronics. The Society continually updates its program of technical activities to meet the needs of modern industry.
...so I guess the operative phrase is 'control systems.' I'm still a student, so I can't speak for Industry yet, but that's my guess.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Electrostatic said:

I can't believe he's not responded yet?, perhaps he's out chasing young women? :lol:

Oh im back!! sorry if i didn't respond earlier but i got caught up in doing some work. No, i was not chasing any young women although the idea sounds great.

DigiTan said:
Electrostatic said:
I find most people here resort to fault-finding when they can't or won't answer a question, plus there's a tendency to haze new members :roll: (won't go into that now). I was confused by this term as well, so checking with IEEE's website, I came across this mission statement from their Industrial Electronics Society:
IEEE (IES) said:
The Industrial Electronics Society through its members encompasses a diverse range of technical activities devoted to the application of electronics and electrical sciences for the enhancement of industrial and manufacturing processes. These technical activities address the latest developments in intelligent and computer control systems, robotics, factory communications and automation, flexible manufacturing, data acquisition and signal processing, vision systems, and power electronics. The Society continually updates its program of technical activities to meet the needs of modern industry.
...so I guess the operative phrase is 'control systems.' I'm still a student, so I can't speak for Industry yet, but that's my guess.

Now heres a guy who knows how to correct someone. Although a student like me, he has shown me the facts in a clear manner without any ***** slapping like some people around here who got me tramatized for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back