Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does the LEDs at the P16PRO40 indicates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lac

I'm currently about to build the well known p16pro40 pic programmer into a plastic box, with panel mounted LEDs. I want to mark the LEDs, so others can easily understand what they indicate i.e Power, Writing in progress etc. But the problem is that i really don't what each LED at the programmer indicates!

The schematic can be found **broken link removed** (first schematic)

As far as i know D2 indicates Power ON, but I'm unsure about the other two red LEDs, does anyone know what they indicates?

Cheers!
Lac.

Hi Lac,
Looking at my P16pro programmer the green LED is Vpp, and the two red LED's are for Vpp40 and program. It looks like the program led goes thru the mclr pin. Anyway if you look at kitrus.com kit 96 (that is the P16pro40 kit) it has the construction details in .pdf format I'm sure this will help you out

Cheers Bryan1

D2 = Main power
D1 = VPP +-12V programming voltage for small pic's
D3 = VPP40 +-12V programming voltage for larger pic's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back