Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you call that!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronic mind

I heared once that there are some kind of Mic. that can catch the sound waves from someone who is talking in a distance of 10m or even more and by connecting the mic to a headphone you hear what that someone is saying .... is it applicable and if it is what is it called?? (Sonic Mic,, Directional Mic,....)

and does anyone knows a site that cntains a schematic or some info

The microphones to which your refer use a reflector behind them, like the reflector behind a microwave antenna.

Google for "parabolic microphone" or "spy mic" or "eavesdropping mic".

as far as i know, there are two mics like this. the parabolic mic, like David said, and there is also the shotgun mic, which is a long mic with a bunch of different lengths of tubing in it that are (and i don't know if this is the right term) resonant for a certain frequency. so you have different tubes, each one that amplifies a certain frequency, so you can have a range of like 100HZ-5KHZ (that is totally guessed, just an example)

search for more info on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back