Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

washer jet Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

Hello

I am trying to design system that will control flow of water using micro controller. I need to flow only 10 ml water I saw washer jet pump. I don't understand how to connect washer jet pump with micro controller

look the Image of washer jet pump and tell me how to connect with microcontroller ?

Attachments

• headlight washer jet pump.jpg
    headlight washer jet pump.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 283
The image gives no info on how the pump operates, so it's difficult to give a solution to your problem.

How many pins in the connector? (I'll guess two). Connect 12Vdc between the pins. If it pumps backwards, reverse the wires.

The image gives no info on how the pump operates, so it's difficult to give a solution to your problem.
I still have not decided which pump to buy. I posted that Image to understand the connection of washer jet pump
I don't know, that model in picture is whole washer pump or just nozzle
Look my another image that explain actually what I need to do

Attachments

• Untitlednew.jpg
    Untitlednew.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by a moderator:
Look my another image that explain actually what I need to do
Where are the float-level switches to shut off the pump when the desired level is reached?

Where are the float-level switches to shut off the pump when the desired level is reached?
I said , I don't know, model in picture is whole washer pump or just nozzle, I made handy diagram I don't know that contain with float-level switch or I have to buy float-level switch

I just asking you to select washer jet pump . I did google search, I thinks there are one inlet and one outlet and two wires for supply.as you said I think I have to buy float level switch

Almost all of these tiny pumps use a permanent-magnet DC motor, which means they will run backwards if the supply polarity is reversed. Here about's, I would go to a car junk yard, and pull one off a dead car. I would look for one that has only two terminals on its connector. That way I'm guaranteed to make it run...

please look another image

my task
1. add the nutrient soluation from bottle into water tank ( add only 10 ml every week)
2. recirculating mix of water and soluation until level of mixer is down in tray tube

I think you could tell me better, please look at image and tell me what i need ,
washer jet pump
water jet pump
flot switch
anything else

Attachments

• new system.jpg
    new system.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 271
If you want a accurate and cheap method of a metered pump, a peristaltic dosing type may be the choice, they are low cost (~$10.00) and meter fairly accurately, if are controlling from µp then the time on can be accurately controlled.
Possibly no float sw needed.
Use a logic level Mosfet for the motor.
Max.

Last edited:
You'd also want a backflow valve in there so that the water or nutrient doesn't just syphon when the pump is off.

Any positive-displacement type pump would allow you to control how much is pumped (count the revolutions), and has built-in anti-backflow mechanisms. E.g. the peristaltic pump (mentioned above), or a piston or diaphragm pump, which can be around $5. The centrifugal pump, like the one you showed, will not allow very good flow rate/volume control without an additional flow meter.

ok I saw link **broken link removed**

dosing Pump 6v DC motor tube
Flow range: MAX 100ml / min (without speed control circuit)
If motor is on for 1 Minute , 100ml nutrient will flow into tank
if motor is on for 2 minute ,200 ml nutrient will flow into water

we can turn on/Off motor by controller , Is it right selection ?

The rpm of a peristaltic pump is typically ~ 3rpm so it is usually easy to fairly accurately control the dosing by time on.
For 100ma load, you may get away with a 2n7000 mosfet to drive it.
Max.

1. reuse soluation until level of soluation goes down
2. add NPK into soluation tank

I need two different motor pump to achieve two task. If two motor pump run at one time its very costly. Is there a any way so that I can reduce the cost of project

Attachments

• newjet.jpg
    newjet.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 262
What is the load of the second pump? The Peristaltic you show is only 100ma?
How are they powered?
Max.

What is your power source that makes it difficult to use the two small motors, both have fairly trivial current?
Max.

Not sure how you could use one pump for both applications?
Could you not use a Li-Po rechargeable battery?
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back