Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

war on lebanon

Status
Not open for further replies.

4electros

hello everyone here:
I just want to get some member viewpoints about the war on lebanon, is it fair? Is killing innocent civilian allowed whatever the reasons are?

you know , i'm from syrian arab republic which is to the north of lebanon and syria is always condemned that it supported hezbollah with its last mission (capturing the two israeli soldiers) to get some advantage! and I don't agree with that.

Hope to know about your viewpoints.
thanks

4electros said:
hello everyone here:
I just want to get some member viewpoints about the war on lebanon, is it fair? Is killing innocent civilian allowed whatever the reasons are?

It's obviously a VERY complicated situation, but Israel has been subject to terrorist attacks and actual invasions for decades, and I've great regard for the quality of their military. I have friends in Israel, and when you're continually being attacked by cowardly terrorists, I can quite see the logic behind attacking the people who hide and support them.

I live in a country which was under American sponsered terrorist attacks for decades, with hundreds of innocent women and children killed and crippled in cowardly attacks.

Personally, I'd have liked to have seen Southern Irish towns bombed, and North American cities who funded the attacks - but that's not the way the UK does business!.

you know , i'm from syrian arab republic which is to the north of lebanon and syria is always condemned that it supported hezbollah with its last mission (capturing the two israeli soldiers) to get some advantage! and I don't agree with that.

You're not responsible for the actions of your government, and I wouldn't hold you so - I hope you don't hold me resposible for Tony Blair's personal war out in the middle east?, the UK people have NEVER been behind the gulf war (and I beleive the American people aren't either?).

Nigel Goodwin said:
You're not responsible for the actions of your government, and I wouldn't hold you so - I hope you don't hold me resposible for Tony Blair's personal war out in the middle east?, the UK people have NEVER been behind the gulf war (and I beleive the American people aren't either?).

of course not, i don't hold you responsible at all about that,we're people just discussing to have a clue about otherss viewpoints

thanks for your opinion

Military organizations of _ANY_ contry always have their own agenda / political motivations. I say, if they want to fight, let them fight it out but do not involve civilians on either side. Personally, I think Israel is over-reacting a bit for two soldiers. The middle east has been fighting for thousands of years, why should it end anytime soon?

I'm an American people, I do support the war. It's a tough situation to live with over there, and I can't see anyother solution. I damn well don't want anymore suicide bombers over here. In most of those middle east countries, it seems to be a part of their daily life. Dozen of these bombings, daily. I can't imagine living like that. These terrorist don't have a country of their own, so standard military actions won't work. You can't use economic controls either. Innocent people will suffer and die, either way. They have been for literally hundreds of years, and its spreading.
If the governments do nothing, the bombings and killing won't stop. The people over there seem to accept death by bombings easy enough. We are there, and our purpose was made clear. Those innocent citizens who want the terror to end, need to get involved and flush out the terrorists.

Optikon said:
Military organizations of _ANY_ contry always have their own agenda / political motivations. I say, if they want to fight, let them fight it out but do not involve civilians on either side. Personally, I think Israel is over-reacting a bit for two soldiers. The middle east has been fighting for thousands of years, why should it end anytime soon?

Its going to end up where both sides end up dieing, then the country will be open for the taking. But that in itself will cause more chaos...

Israel were well within their internation rights to declare war on Lebanon (and Palestine).

Things changed when Hamas was elected to rule Palestine (likewise when hezbollah got seats in parliament) rather then just acting as a militant group for their causes (with Hamas's partly I agree with), things changed when they took power (or some power) of that country

Their actions no longer demonstrated that of a militant faction BUT that of the country. When both Hamas (and thus Palestine) and hezbollah (and thus Lebanon) kidnaped Israelis citezens there is only one interpretation and that is of an act of war!!

Lebanon are already in violation of UN resolution 1559 which called for Lebanon to disband hezbollah.

SO Israel are well within their right to decimate hezbollah and Lebanon's security capability.

What they are not within their right is the targeting of innocent Lebanese, esp hospitals (that have been targeted and destroyed) and ambulences.

Yes hezbollah are not making things easy by storing rockets in such locations, but those locations are not being used to fire the rockets.

All in all though as long as the US backs Israel any SEcurity council resolution to condem ISraels actions will get veto'ed

HarveyH42 said:
.... These terrorist don't have a country of their own, so standard military actions won't work. You can't use economic controls either. Innocent people will suffer and die, either way. They have been for literally hundreds of years, and its spreading.
If the governments do nothing, the bombings and killing won't stop. The people over there seem to accept death by bombings easy enough. We are there, and our purpose was made clear. Those innocent citizens who want the terror to end, need to get involved and flush out the terrorists.
Mr Bush has invaded Afgan to wipe out Terrorist group Taliban(?) and whats the result ?, He invaded Iraq to find mass destruction wepons ? where is it ?

And u have said it. the terrorist doesn't have a country , so military invasion of a 'country' won't result good .

The war won't do anything good

Well after todays result of Israel bombing a UN outpost and killing atleast 4 UN workers I think the UN has it right in that Israel is commiting war crimes in their actions of declaring war on innocent civilians. I don't condone Hesbola or any other muslim factions bombings or rocket attacks. But Israel does have America in it's pocket , just look where their military weapons came from. This outbreak is like a David and goliath episode where the casualties are around 10:1 thats 10 lebonese civilians killed for 1 isrealie. Not to say the destruction of Lebonon's infrastructure which after years of re-building is now in tatters. Maybe if Israel didn't take such a hard line over the decades since it's been there none of this would be happening.
I could go on and put alot of noses out of joint but I'll stop there it's just very sad to our world falling closer to the final world war.

Just my 2.2 cents

well guys , i think the solution for any political matter would be by following diplomacy not by armied forces whose fight against innocent citizens ...the matter here is capturing two israel soldiers so would it worth to do wide-range war for the sake of just two armied soldiers?? i think it wouldn't.that doesn't give a reason for any country to do that ...there are many many diplomatic solution instead of war..
when we take a look at the reason of this war (capturing two soldiers ),we would know that's not true (and not belong to logic) , i mean that's not the real reason ,the real reason in my opinion is to make political benefits (for israel).

i just want to put few words here.

why there are terrorists (as all the media call them) bombing israel ?
why are Israeli living in fear of death ?

anyone do something for a reason .
did anyone ask himself what are the motivation for these acts ?

offcourse there are reasons, they arent just crazy people doing it for fun.
please do a search and try to understand why these things happen.

i am not with bombing civilians like they do in Israel or any other country.
Egypt had its share of these acts .

Israel point of view is that they always feel threatened. they always feel Arabs is behind them waiting for the opportunity to kill them , so they act upon that situation. They invade nearby lands so that they keep any harm out of the core of their country. can anyone tell them ITS NOT WORKING .

i wish i can see Israel trying the other way around. try to be near their neighbors , try to go for peace. They have enough lands already.

i am not talking about people, i am talking about governments and political people, i lived in the states for few years and i had known many Israelis and some of them are really very good people , common israel people really like egyptians , and we dont hate them as most people think.
we just hate the goverment and the fake media feed to americans and isrealies

Do we have to have pollatics in here? Look, I dont like war, it is wrong and a waist of life.......... but this is NOT the place for this kind of thing. Take it to a forum for war and pollatics...........

i cant belive how smart you are

read what this part of the forum is about :

"****-Chat Relax for a bit and have a general conversation (off topic is allowed!) with other members. Please be polite and respect your fellow members"

Thanks Max, I know what this part is for............ But I stand by what I said...

This is not the place for this type of thing, I dont belive this is a subject to relax and talk about (my opinion)......... and I do respect the other members....
I hope I have made my point?

Greetings,

this is my first post here =) Nice forum.

why there are terrorists [...] bombing israel ?
As the -publicly shown- WTC attack prooves, "terrorists" are not only bombing israel. They seem to bomb everything which is not well within their imaginations of a good society ( where they're partially correct... there's a german term expressing the "western behavior" quite well: << Niveaulimbo >> Which of course cannot be counted as a permission to mass murder ... for both sides )

But I think we all know the very reasons for the mideast crisis - namely it's a political & sociological problem with a religious cover gloss... Telling that war is cruel because innocent civilians die, is like telling that bread tastes bad because of flour. For sure it's cruel, but if it weren't, there would be no benefit from it. The real thing which is responsible for the contemporary wars nearly everywhere, is the oncoming financial crash and decreasing natural reserves. ( Plus that our societies seem to decay )

the real reason [...] is to make political benefits (for israel)
Political benefits ? I'm pretty certain this war was a less clever move if everything is correctly told by newspapers.

People are dieing, on both sides. Children are crying on both sides, people are in fear on both sides, people are endangered on both sides. Having called on new martyrdom by Al Quaida fear spreads all over the world.
This is not a local war - It's just the latest step in a crisis which has shaken the world for years.

What they are not within their right is the targeting of innocent Lebanese, esp hospitals (that have been targeted and destroyed) and ambulences.
I'm shocked about this. Such things are not to be targeted in a war.

Yes hezbollah are not making things easy by storing rockets in such locations, but those locations are not being used to fire the rockets.
If it's true... which is desputed - But if yes: I've heard about "strategically useful locations", but storing rockets in hospitals is just ridiculously wretched.

The best thing is to stay neutral ... if neutrality exists.

Ciao,
Alexander

Last edited:
No one can desribe how cruel the last israel wild attack on Qana is.Many civilians are killed at this attack ,most of them are children.nothing's could be a reason for this criminal process on innocents people,it's not humanity at all...

The political reason for this attack ( from my viewpoint) is that israel tries to find existance of the cresis that made it by israel when it went to such war on lebanon for the sake of two soldiers captured. Actually that's not true ,the real reason for this war is that USA wanted israel to fight an arabian country instead of it (USA), USA is finding itself involving in a big problem in iraq and want to get a breathe and can't do such wars by itself so it needs its partner (israel ) for doing that.israel answered USA call but the result at last few days wasn't at all consistent with israel benefit so ( as i said before) it decided to came out of this cresis by doing this wild attack to let USA come back with its state (not ending firing shoots) and make opposite state that is to let israel endsfiring so ends the war.

One might ask , why israel would like to end the war?! .The answer that it's
facing very strong struggle by hezbollah at the south with land attacks, israel wants to make a victory or at least some good success mission on land to occupy some towns and points so to let international forces to come and end the cresis and then it comes back to israel after it raises israel flags at these occupied points.

that's my opinion, and would like to get some comments from you!
thanks in advance!

well frankly I have not followed the news closely and already know that we are never told the truth especially where america is involved, war is war people are going to get hurt that are inocent and asuming that the people sustain their politics then they should face the conseguences and todays attitude to war only proves that it is all a political crack up over money because a few people want it their way and everybody else suffers even if they do not agree with their politicians.

Well since this is one of the most publicize topics I feel a question also of what kind of world do we want to live in? If both will not stop pointing their guns and rockets to one another then when will it end? I think only them knows. I remember a teaching that was passed to us "when you point a finger to your enemy, look at your hand coz three of your fingers are pointing on you" . meaning you are the one at fault. I wish Hezbollah can tell us their motives why they started it... The enmity of religion can be liken to a question of "what came firts the egg or the chicken?". I think if billions of us will create a negative current and unite with the positive of GOD thru prayers then we can have an electricity of PEACE and forgiveness. Regardless of Religion if we use HIS name to achieve Peace not hatred then nothing is impossible. Ummm that was profound got carried away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back