Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Volt meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all

im now in process on making volt meter ( not really accurate )

using PIC16F74 ,16x LEDs ,16x 180R resistor and 4 Mhz resonator

lets see

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

im still waiting to my package come

i will post the video/picture on how it working :)

Last edited:
using this circuit

**broken link removed**

heres the result

8 leds on and 8 leds off

no comment ? :(

hi TT,
The BAR mode for the LIT led's will consume a lot of power, why not use a DOT led mode.??

The lower LIT 7 leds are redundant

Last edited:
hi TT,
The BAR mode for the LIT led's will consume a lot of power, why not use a DOT led mode.??

The lower LIT 7 leds are redundant
i still dont have bar led on that time

youtube uploader are really slow

i will give you the video link later :)

next task : interface with GP2D12 distance sensor

Last edited:
Here are the results. The two meters give close values at lower voltages. The difference is big while measuring higher end voltages. My guess is
1. Resistors value changed because of getting heated at high voltage; that changes the input voltage,
2. Approximation errors are larger in magnitudes (not in %) at higher end of measurements.

Attachments

• DSC00195.JPG
    DSC00195.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC00215.JPG
    DSC00215.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC00224.JPG
    DSC00224.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC00230.JPG
    DSC00230.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 174
Here are the results. The two meters give close values at lower voltages. The difference is big while measuring higher end voltages. My guess is
1. Resistors value changed because of getting heated at high voltage; that changes the input voltage,
2. Approximation errors are larger in magnitudes (not in %) at higher end of measurements.
hi

what is the worst thing can happen if its past 20V ? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back