Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

video stream on microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobz

Any one have an idea on the processor speed i need to be able to get video from a video camera and stream them?I have AT168 @ 20MHz and im not sure if its adequate..:)

Depends on the resolution of the video, and if you're having to convert it from analogue - but if you're not compressing the video stream it's going to be a pretty huge amount of data.

I wouldn't have though a micro-controller at 20MHz would have a prayer?, think Pentiums instead.

Check out the AVRCam to see what you can do with a 168-class uC. There's plenty of background information there to see what you're up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back