Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Van Lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

Hiii All ,

i know here is experts of electronics, so am writing to you now my problem.

i have a Van Car , and i need to install 60 Fluorescent lamps 50cm and 60 watts.

i need to run this lamps on the vehcle battery 24 volts , 60 Amp , and also on a generator and to put a swtich to switch between battry mode and generator.

i have no idea how to do that in vehicles , lamps normally run on 220 Volts , so how can i do that.

in case you know any site could help me please write it .

Ali

Sixty 60W lamps is 3600W. 3600W from 24V is 150A, plus 22A for the inefficiency of the inverter. The battery will explode with such a high continuous current, and the vehicle's alternator will smoke.

Why not use an engine-powered generator that is designed for such a heavy load?

watzmann said:
i need to install 60 Fluorescent lamps 50cm and 60 watts.

What are you doing????

You could light up the pyramids with that many lamps! :lol:

JimB

I've seen those vans crawling along my street, all lit up. They play music and sell ice-cream cones to kids. We're having a nice "warm" winter and they're making a fortune. :lol:

The best alternator I know is around 120 amps continuous if it's cool outside, which yields about 1500W out of an inverter continuously.

Any more power than this would have to come off a deep cycle battery, which will be fairly short term storage at these kinds of power levels.

A deep cycle might be 12.6v 100AH (big one). However the battery will not be able to put out high power levels at states of partial charge. So it might provide another 1000W for half an hour or so.

What is this, an art car? Or you making some really bizzare tanning bed out of the cargo area?

The power levels sound unrealistic for an alternator. If you want to keep it on while driving then I don't think a separate generator engine will even be legal. An engine-driven gen would be a better idea, but I know little about them.

Sheesh 60- 50cm fluro's that's 30 metres worth of lights :shock: not to mention the wiring setup. Just how long is this van anyway :?: I suggest you look into using led's, I'm using a few 8mm 12 lumen white led's in my shed and they put out enough light for my lathe and mill. Those led's have a rated voltage of 3.2volts @ 80 milliamps and they would make an awesum display if hooked up properly.

Cheers Bryan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back