Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandu13

Hi everybody

I have to control the Proportional solenoid valve (0-24v, 1A) by using 89S51 for flow control according to the feed back signal.
Please help me regarding the hardware design
Please suggest some suggestions & information regarding this project

Regards

chandu

What have you already done?

You should start by creating major functional blocks for what needs to be done.

Hi.
Not sure what you mean by a (1) " Proportional solenoid valve" or (2) "89S51". Could you elaborate. Are you working with oil? What are the quantities and pressures? Below is a link that might help to locate a valve.
**broken link removed** id=36

Also one for an Atmel programmer.

**broken link removed**
Programmer for 89C51/52/55 89S51/52

JMcG

A valve that alters the flow depending on the voltage?

If you add a diode in reverse parallel with it (you should anyway) and PWM it at a high enough frequency, the current through it will vary between 0A and 1A.

Pwm

Thanks for the reply

I am planning to use PWM
By using PWM signal I will switch the transistor or any H-bridge driver IC
For transistor collector I will connect the 24 v

How the voltage will vary from 0 to 24v by using PWM?

Regards,

Chandu

Don't look at the voltage.

Imagine the solinoid as a large inductor smoothing the PWM waveforem. When a pulse is applied, a current will start to flow in the inductor, when the pulse is removed, it will continiue to flow thought the freewheel diode until it decays to 0. If the PWM frequency is high enough (the time per cycle needs to be many times smaller than the RL time constant for this to work), then the current will never return to 0. Imagine that the PWM is at 50% duty, the current through the inductor will average out to be half the maximum current, ingnoring the ripple.

Use a Schotky diode as a they have lower on voltages and are much faster than Si.

flow rate

Hi

Thanks for the reply

In the proportional valve data sheet they have given graph between voltage & flow rate, that is flow rate (Air+C2H2) proportional to the voltage.
Please give me some information how to control the flow rate using micro controller. I will take some values as the feedback according to the feedback values I have to control the flow rate using proportional valve

Please help regarding this project

Regards

nari

I've just told you, use PWM, the voltage will vary with the current but it's easier to understand how by imaginng current flow rather than potential difference.

articles

Thanks for the reply

Please can you provide me useful articles & circuits regarding this project?

Regards
chandu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back