Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solenoid rod with valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

rshafi68

anyone can help me how to connect the solenoid rod with the port 0 as an output port of 89c51 microcontrollor ,my project is to make door open system using keypad by entering password

Hi,

Obviously the I/O of your microcontroller can't provide enough current for a solenoid. You could use either a MOSFET transistor (driven itself by a small transistor, or CMOS/TLL logic) or a relay, also driven by a medium sized transistor. I assume that the solenoid will only be active for a short while...either to 'unlock' the door for a few seconds, or 'latch', that is, a single pulse unlocks, and a pulse locks.

Either way, the solenoid won't be active for long, so you could use a MOSFET, depending on current it would get hot, but unless its permentantly 'on' it sohuld be fine.

Blueteeth

A solenoid is usually the hard way to do it. Use a motor. Look at how it's done to lock/unlock a car door.

12 Volts dcoperated motorised solenoid is readily avilable meant for automobiles
avilable at automobile shop try this as it draws only 100 ma of current

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back