Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using PWM and Capture : Is This OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urahara

Hi

This thread came from another one asking some questions about changing the CCP2 pin of a 18F4620.

I am thinking of using the same RC1 pin for the following :

1) Backlight brightness control of LCD module using PWM (Default behaviour)

2) Capturing of pulses generated by a light to freq photodiode, TSL230R (When required)

See Diagram

PWM-Out and Captu&#11.JPG

My questions are :
1) When RC1 is generating PWM to drive the LCD module, will it damage or cause problem to the photo-diode?

2) When RC1 is capturing the pulses generated by the photo-diode, will it damage or cause problem to the LCD module?

Your comments much appreciated. Thks!

Of course, I am not expecting both to be operating at the same time. But if one is doing so, will it cause problem to the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back