Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using a 5v PWM as control for beefier circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjrautmann

I am building an ROV using four 12VDC bilge pumps pulling 3.5 amps each. The controller I would like to use is a Make Application board, V2.0. This board has integrated PWM capability, but only at about 5v and 1 amp per motor.
Due to the design of the ROV, I need to be able to modulate and reverse the speed of each of the motors.
Is there any way to use the PWM off the control board as a controlling circuit for another circuit running 12VDC and 3.5 amps?
Thanks in advance!

Sure, you just use the 'low' current PWM to drive current pass transistors that actually drive the motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back