Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gai_man_de

I want to make a circuit that has a USB (data and Power) is input connection and output connections are a USB (data and Power) and a USB (Power only). I'm a newbie, so I need some help,plz!

Last edited:
I want to make a circuit that has a USB (data and Power) is input connection and output connections are a USB (data and Power) and a USB (Power only). I'm a newbie, so I need some help,plz!

If I'm reading you right.... Maybe you want to buy a USB hub.

ooh, I read a website about Simle USB injector that they design a circuit with Inputs are a DC power 5V, a USB (data and power) and ouputs are a USB (data and power) and USB (power only). They have to use DC powew 5V to provide the full power required by the USB standard. But I think, in a nomal USB hub, we can connect to many USB devices without suppling futher power for it. So I just want to make a circuit like that but has no DC Power supply. Any suggestion? Thanks anyway :)

Yep can be done easily. Probably the easiest way to do it is to just cut a USB cable (or buy a male USB connector and some cable), and then solder on the connections you need. You can branch the power as Vizier87 said to supply power to the USB socket and to a power socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back