Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultra sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

alireza1402

hi every body
this is an ultrasonic sensor.
US1240.jpg

and this is the module.
parallax-ping-ultrasonic-sensor-large.jpg

i am making one of them
i have a problem with this receiver.(one of them is the receiver)
i dont know the range of voltage the receiver make?
could you please help me
if you have the module, please tell me the range.
i need the voltage before amplification.
thanks ronsimpson and DerStrom8 .;)

Last edited:
What receiver? We need much more information.
What is "U" and "plz"? Many people here use translators to read what you wrote. "plz" does not translate to a real word in any language.

alireza1402 , as Ron pointed out, you should not use text speak here. If you want to ask a question, please type out the ENTIRE words in FULL sentences. Otherwise, people may not understand what you are asking.

Furthermore, you have not provided anywhere near enough information for us to go on. There are literally hundreds of thousands of different types of receivers out there. How are we supposed to know which one you have?

Please re-type your question in full sentences and add in a little more information next time.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi alireza1402 , thanks for editing your post. It looks much better now :)

Here is the data for that sensor: https://www.parallax.com/sites/default/files/downloads/28015-PING-Sensor-Product-Guide-v2.0.pdf

It does not provide a voltage range. Instead, it uses the width of the return pulse to determine how far away the object is. Essentially it sends out one short quick pulse, and then it clocks the amount of time it takes for the receiver to get the pulse back. That amount of time is then plugged into a formula along with the speed of sound to determine how far away the object is.

Regards,
Matt

If you read the link I posted, you'd have seen that the output is a digital signal--a single pulse. Being digital, it should switch between ground and VCC (between 0v and 5v DC). You do not need to amplify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back