Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to repair a PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hello,

I´m trying to repair the board you see at the scheme. This board belongs to one module used to monitor exhaust temperatures on a boat, where there are other boards interconnected. On the module I replaced this board by a new one and then it worked properly. After that I tried to repair the damaged board at workshop, I saw the DR01 burned and opened and also diod D02 damaged.

The problem is when I connect the 24 Vdc the T01 should switch at more or less 2Khz creating at secondary of TR01 a 5 Vdc but instead of doing that it´s always in saturation so I have a consumption of 3,8A from the power supply unit and the voltage drops down to 3 Vdc. In theory, I think the first operating amplifier is an square wave generator and the second one is a comparator.

If I remove the TR01 and I put a resistor instead of primary coil everything is working at the right side of the circuit, we have the wave generation at first stage, then the square wave at 2Khz / 2,5 Vpp at second stage and finally the same signal but 2KHz / 24 Vpp at collector of T01.

I supposed the TR01 had some problem on its coils so I changed but I still get the same failure. I also changed the T01 but without any difference. Then I thought that may be there was some short circuit at the 5 Vdc part of the circuit, left side of the scheme, so I disconnected the D04 leaving connected the TR01 to check the behavieur of the TR01 but still nearly 4 A consumption...

When I remove TR01 and put a resistor instead of the primary coil to close the circuit it´s working properly, at least the right side of the circuit and there is a consumption of about 200 mA.
Do you have any idea about where can I find out the wrong component on the board?

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• esquema_mwa-i_1-01.gif
    esquema_mwa-i_1-01.gif
    69.3 KB · Views: 568
Remove T01, put 5V supply to output, and check the PWM and feedback-loop functionality with scope on the T02 collector. Try rotate P1, the PWM signal must be changed. Maybe the opto not work...
And reduce the large picture....

Attachments

• esquema_mwa-i_1-01_101.gif
    esquema_mwa-i_1-01_101.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 541
Hello Sebi,

I have changed the opto IC and still the same problem. What I can´t understand is why when I put a resistor the T01 is switching properly but when I connect the primary coil of TR01 then T01 is not switching anymore and nearly 4A consumption.

If I connect a limiting resistor of 1K before the primary coil of TR01 then the consumption is about 100 mA and the T01 switches but there is no voltage output on the secondary coil of TR01. I guess this is because of the current through the primary coil, not enough.

I think something makes T01 on saturation when I have TR01 connected. I have removed both 2K resistor, R21 and R22 to measure them and one of them gave me a value out of tolerance. I have to buy them and check again...

Hello,

I also have changed both resistors by 2K1 but not success on the behavieur...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back