Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Triacs control board - Is this circuit correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
Triacs control board

From an old issue of Elektor, every time I try to understand this circuit which seems to be drawn in a somewhat weird way, I get confused.

Could anyone with experience in AC control tell me if it is OK?

I will appreciate that.

Attachments

• Triacs control board.pdf
    127.2 KB · Views: 280
Looks typical. What part looks weird? A and K or the load side or something else?

Looks typical. What part looks weird? A and K or the load side or something else?
It seems to me that the circuit was flipped vertically and the lettering applied later. Don't worry, as long as it works...

I worked on a light box that used solid state relays which were fun. I didn't have a schematic to use; I also worked with a company that used PWM to to dim a light. The was fun as well.

Do you plan on building something particular?

I think I'd use mpsa 92's instead of bc557b's, but it looks as though it'd work.

Do you plan on building something particular?

No for the moment;sinply thinking of repeating some basic test I did in the past with success but that I cannot recall details of today.

No for the moment;sinply thinking of repeating some basic test I did in the past with success but that I cannot recall details of today.

Have fun; I hope your ok with me putting the animated .gif on the other "Thread" I slowed it down. I've been wanting to slow it down; ever since I seen it.

Someone first posted it in the "Members Lounge" my mind *popped* when I seen it for the first time. I just felt it was running way to fast at the time.

I added it for anyone who might read your "Thread" just as a visual for those who need it. I've seen it on my Scope; but for those who don't have one.

kv

Edit: Thanks to DP for taking a look and making sure its a good circuit.

Have fun; I hope your ok with me putting the animated .gif on the other "Thread" I slowed it down. I've been wanting to slow it down; ever since I seen it.

Someone first posted it in the "Members Lounge" my mind *popped* when I seen it for the first time. I just felt it was running way to fast at the time.

I added it for anyone who might read your "Thread" just as a visual for those who need it. I've seen it on my Scope; but for those who don't have one.

kv

Edit: Thanks to DP for taking a look and making sure its a good circuit.

It is OK for me. Contrary what is prevailing in this and other forums I do not find myself, as the thread starter, to be the "owner" of it. For me this is just a conversation and anyone can chime in.

Good you slowed it down. I always find those animations running too fast. (Maybe I am too slow?)

Gracias to you and also to Dr P.

The circuit was published in an article at the Elektor magazine in 1986.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back