Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Touchscreen driver issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibinpaul

Hi,

I am using GLCD 128x64 Touch Screen from Mikroelectronica on a project. The touchscreen driver circuit is copy of the one on PIC18 development board(Easy PIC V7). I am using PIC18f67k22 to control the display and touchscreen.

The problem I am facing is, I get a full 0 Volts to 5V on one axis of the touchscreen. On the other axix, the variation is very small 0.7V to 1.7V. I have tested this with the sample code given by Mickro electronica. I have worked on touchscreen and familiar with driving the touchscreen and reading the ADC values.

Issue appears to be on the driver circuit comprising of transistors and resistors. I have seen similar designs with different resistor values.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Same!!! I ditched the driver board and used the TFT touch driver instead..

The circuit is simple... Each drive has a 300k pullup with a 47nf decoupling cap..

I use a pic32 so

Drive X and read Y are on one ADC pin
Drive Y and read X are on another...

The circuit is in the help file under Touch Panel TFT... This is a FAR better solution...

Thanks for the reply, Ian. Ur design is simply great.

I was also planning to see if it works from GPIO/ADC pins.
unfortunately, I cannot change the design(or add a touchscreen controller). Hardware is already designed by someone else, copying the Mikroe design.

Looks like its some odd resistor combination.

cheers,
paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back