Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toroidal core saturation point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

polashd

I want to know (calculate) saturation point of toroidal core(Iron powder, ferrite).
Is it depends on Power (VxI) or Amp only.

say I have a Iron powder toroidal core (T94 -26, Al-60nH/N^2)

How much power or Amp it can handle before it saturates?
Is there any equation to calculate this?
please help.

nb: also need equation (or software) to calculate multi layer inductor/inductance

Last edited:
The core saturation depends on voltage x time, there is a universal transformer equation you can use to work out the primary turns, look here:

**broken link removed**

If you look at the datasheet for your core max flux density will be quoted Bmax, for powdered iron usually around 0.3 Tesla.

It isnt a question of how much power will a transformer take as far as saturation is concerned, transformer saturation is more likely to occur when the trans is unloaded as flux density within the core is highest with no load, despite what you might think logical.

Polashd,
The corre you have is a 'Micrometals' product.
Micrometals have a very informative website with a full set of Application notes.
I suggest you go to www.micrometals.com and have a good look through what they have/
Note that micrometals have powdered iron cores only in their product range. In your posting you refer to ferrite material and this is different to powdered iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back