Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing resistor and capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gfsrepairs

I'm working on the controls for a buck circuit. I'm trying to understand better what the controls are doing. I understand the basics of PWM ICs. What is the purpose of the timing resistor and timing capacitor or Rt and Ct. Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Gfsrepairs said:
I'm working on the controls for a buck circuit. I'm trying to understand better what the controls are doing. I understand the basics of PWM ICs. What is the purpose of the timing resistor and timing capacitor or Rt and Ct. Anyhelp would be appreciated.

hi,
Do you have a drawing.?

These generally control the PWM nominal frequency. The data sheet will tell you the frequency for a given R and C.

Without any form of diagram/part number we're in the dark. But perhaps they timing components are used to set the frequency of the switching regulator? As in the period of the PWM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back