Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This is my desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
This is the 'working' side of my desktop. Anyone else want to supply pictures of theirs?

On the desk we have a breadboard
Left side is a stepper driver connected to the STK500 board above it.
Right side is a test circuit for the DAC's I just bought today, the resistor forest that you can see are pulldowns for the DIP switch IC (left) and the DAC itself (right)

Glasses: For driving, I was tightening them up the hinges are loose, it didn't work I'm a little irritated at them right now.

Deck of Cards: I'm a nervous kind of person, when I'm not typing or I am thinking hard I slide shuffle this deck, (it's replaced about once a month with a fresh one)

Behind the stepper motor is a glass paperweight and some velcro wire ties I was given to by my future mother in law, slightly to the left of the stepper is a PS1 memory card guts (will interface to it someday) and a few breadboard wires cut off to the left right next to the screen which is showing an IRC window.

Hovering in the CD slot is my power supply, basic ATX hack jobbie, and the mug I was given at my sisters wedding by my brother in law, which holds my pens pencils and markers, next to that is a 'schwag' bit I picked up (single button FM scan radio with LED) Which is really garbage, but it still works so I won't throw it out.

The binder is computer CD's (mostly system or application software, a couple games)
Anyone else?

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
Here's my desk.... I'd tell you where my pencil is but I can't find it.....actually, I just stole this pic off the net, so I could add a satiracal comment, because my workspace is not nearly as yours....

Attachments

• MessyDeskMed.jpg
    MessyDeskMed.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 446
Welcome to my place. C'mon in.

Open P1010001 to see the office.... lots of breadboarding being done.

Showing is the solder station.... not a lot of flux being burnt.

Latest project is in front of the laptop - a PICaxe driven 12 hour timer. Been running now for over 72 hours, but is showing about four minutes slow. Need to adjust that loop.

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    686.2 KB · Views: 302
  • solder station.JPG
    solder station.JPG
    764.6 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Are those little aluminum heat sink tweezers really useful?

Sceadwian said:
They onyl seem to be useful if you're soldering a big TO package but those aren't the components that are sensitive to heat. usefless for DIP or SMD. Most of the time the thing is too heavy to hold itself up anyways so unless you have 3 hands...

I like meriad's DSS. But have him beat on parts :D. Worse, I have three desks like that. in the house, in the garage and at work. I need to clean..

Heres my desk. I cleaned it up this weekend or you would have gotten to see way it normally looks;)

desk-jpg.12257

As you can see nothing too fancy. Still no scope:(

Tempo one ham radio transceiver
Analog MM (never use it for much)
Circuit boards for parts
Solderless BB has a PIC on it that flashes LEDs. Thats a darlington on the corner. I haven't quite got the hang of using it.
Desklamp I got out of a dumpster (old and built to LAST!)
soldering gun I use for SMDs;)
Part of my traffic advisor (just setting together so I can see how things are fitting)

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 435
My Electronics Desk/Corner. The shelves are mostly empty because 2 days ago I removed everything and placed a door on top of the table to make it a bit larger. I still need to mount the power strips etc.

**broken link removed**

Sceadwian said:

Not so much as heat sink, but they do a good job keeping components on board until I can get a dab of solder there.

Well my 'man cave' is in quite the state, but I have big plans to organize it after my retirement in about 3 months :)

Here is a picture of a new toy I recently got, a Picaxe 28X and just got the serial LCD running yesterday. Tons of new stuff to learn and experiment with.

Attachments

• Picaxe.jpg
    Picaxe.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 355
I feel better about my room now. Gonna call the wife in to see and hope she thinks all of the pitcures are from one person.. Now I know why I come here... :D

Here's mine from Feb 2005, shortly after getting setup

The bench itself is self-built 8ft by 36" with a birch top and poplar trim, however since it's being used for "work" rather than as nice furniture I've covered the top with some cheap plywood.

The current condition is way too sloppy to even post. Numerous attempts to clean have failed, one of these days I'll do a fresh start, scraping it all into a box and setting it up over again.

Attachments

• workbench.jpg
    workbench.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 323
Andy1845c said:
Desklamp I got out of a dumpster (old and built to LAST!)
I have a lamp identical to that. My lamp has F15T-BL UV tubes in it for PCB photofab process. I'd post a pic of my bench, but it's a currently a disaster area ...:eek:
Jeff

This is my desk, pretty much represents the entire room... Also have a large computer desk, similar clutter. Another desk for metal casting, same sense of organization... Then there is the Florida Room (front room), where all other tools and equipment scatter around on one workbench, and two tables made from doors and 2X4s...

Attachments

• Desk.jpg
    Desk.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 321
Wow. Your guys's benches are SOOO much neater than mine. I have so much junk lying around, i can barely even work on mine! if i get around to it, i will make a short vid (as i don't have a digital camera) of my "work" space(s).

Dr EM..

My desktop is small and I move to the floor a lot.. I do my best work there, but my back tells me I am getting old..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back