Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

moty22

A Scientist put a fly on his bench and pulled out its legs. He ordered the fly: "fly!" and the fly flew away.
The scientist wrote in his report: a fly without legs can fly.
The scientist took that fly pulled its wings out and ordered it twice to fly. The fly didn't move at all.
The scientist wrote down in his report: a fly with no legs and no wings loses its hearing.
:)
I've reached the wrong conclusion many times.

Have you ever reached the wrong conclusion?

The essence of the Scientific Method.

This is why a real scientist require other scientist to redo the test using other methods.
If the other method by the other scientist will be to offer the fly sugar for checking if it can fly, then he will put in his report that the fly loses its appetite.:)

Time to read the Datasheet on flies ... apparently version 1 as per natures spec was designed to listen through hairs on its legs... so the insect in your story could not have been a fly !

Finding the cruelty to flies quite distressing here...

Time to read the Datasheet on flies ... apparently version 1 as per natures spec was designed to listen through hairs on its legs... so the insect in your story could not have been a fly !
If the scientist got it wrong identifying the insect it is quite humiliating.

A fly without wings is called "a walker". Lame from me. Tired now.

Till next time.

tv

Maybe the other fly was just being passive aggressive and defying orders.

Nah ! A fly without wings is called a zip !
'Zip' is a very pretty name. I think if flies knew that they would give up their wings.
Whether it's 'zip' or 'walker' it is important that you and tv know that there are scientists in your area experimenting on flies.

I don't accept it was a fly.... and then to catch it again to de wing it .... come on.

When you're driving along the motorway and a fly hits the windscreen what goes through his mind ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back