Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tactile sensors for a robotic hand - need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

umerwahla

Hi all,
I am working on a project where im making a robotis hand. The absic structure, skin and servo motors are all set up. But I am having trouble in finding good tactile sensors. I have tested QTC as the force sensor but I am not satisfied with its performance. I am looking for the following sensors:-

- Force + Contact Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
- Proximity Sensor

I would really appreciate you input on this. Thanks a lot

Not impossible task.
Tactile sensor , maybe good idea is use piezoelectric sensor but to measure force between motor actuator and robotic arm griper. But good is deliver information , motor consumption compare on simple electronic to avoid mistake. And information processed in micro controller. Temperature sensor is very easy or special semiconductors, or some in regular usage.(In electronic shop they are semiconductors capable to for 1 C give output 0.1 V , good enough?)
Anyway you need Analogue-Digital converter.

Proximity Sensor depend how fast, how precise you need. But can be used optical sensor.(Example)
For contact sensor(On-Off only) maybe good to use simple micro switch (Do you know how Apollo was contact sensor on lunar landing module, simple tiny rod connected with micro switch, and this basic principle are still in use in automatic industrial machine , work well, for machine utilization)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back