Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switherCAD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulot

Hello am new to this software and want to know where to get things like the scope, multimeter and others so as to test for circuit parameters like I, V and R amongs others. With electronic workbench, it's alot easier but i havn't been able to locate it here.

SwitcherCAD is a bit different from electronics workbench/multisim type softwares. you can get the same type of results in SwitcherCAD but it wont be like electronics workbench. when you simulate a circuit in SwitcherCAD it calculates the currents and voltages at all nodes and components. it can also draw output waveforms. it can also do frequency analysis. just do some "DC operating point" analysis and you will see what i am saying.

you dont need to have a voltmeter or a oscilloscope signal. multisim/electronics workbench gives the user a feeling that you are actually doing something in the lab. but that doesnt make a big difference.

now it's workbench question.

thanks alot the helps i'll try it out. I hope i can also get some help with electronics workbench too.
We tried to draw a circuit that we had on paper and i really don't know how to explain it but at the lower left coner, we had the ground with a small dot connector at the end of it and right above it at the top of the circuit we had another 'dead end' in the ciruit with had the 6V mark. I believe that means we have a 6v input coming in and all terminte at the ground but we couldn't represent this with workbench. I strongly hope am making sense cos' am not sure i am!

i dont use electronics workbench anymore. now i use multisim which is its newer version. but i do remember that there was a dot symbol in the basic components parts bin (the one with the resistor symbol maybe)

but there isnt any need to place a dot a connect that to a node in the circuit and just leave it there. this is done when you are drawing circuits with your hand. it tells the person who is analysing the circuit that this is the input node and this is the output node. but with electronics workbench when you do some analysis you specify the node and thats it.

i hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back