Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. mister

1. are there any PDAs capable of running visual basic (codes)

2. i've heard you can use visual basic for image processing, is it possible to run an algorithm through a PDA interfaced with a robot (wheeled vehicle) that has a camera that sends back images to the PDA for processing.

3. Apparently visual basic can be used for comms control, so is it logical to assume you can send back control information via processed image data from sual basic to your robot for motion control purposes?

4. i assume sensors will be used as well (or could the use of edge detection in your algorithm avoid this?)

mr. mister said:
1. are there any PDAs capable of running visual basic (codes)

Nothing that I know of which is binay compatible, including Windows-CE. From memory there is something which looks like VB that runs on the Palm, but I can't remember where I saw it. Remember, Google is your friend.

Microsoft has a free development enviroment for Windows CE. Im not sure if you can use visual basic but I'm fairly sure you will be able to use C++ which is worth learning anyway.

Visual Basic isn't really that good for image processing. Its slow compared to C++ an image processing takes a huge amount of processing time. If your serious about image processing Intel has a really comprehesive image processing library optimized for their processors (including XSCALE) for ~$200 - a really good price as far as image processing stuff goes.

Hope this helps.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back