Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

static

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't think so, especially with components already soldered in place on a PCB

That's a pretty tiny piece, but it is plastic, so it could carry a small charge.

Probably best to avoid using around un-grounded stuff.

If your not actually moving it probably not, if you were pulling them apart and you had or ended up with unconnected ic pins then maybe (as bob said).
You can protect sensitive pins with resistors or diodes to the supply rails.

You might be able to get conductive velcro.

Silly question.... I have some 3M magnetic tape also would that mess up anything? As a note... its for a pcb with a lcd and some chips. Including a pic and controller ic.

If all sensitive pins are connected as mentioned it'll be fine.
Also if the tape doesnt move it'll not generate static, tearing apart velcro is probably an effcient way of making static, 3m stuff will probably be fine.

I have a silicon 32 bit dev kit. ARM CORTEX4 chip, on the board the TFT touch screen is held in place with velcro, the only thing I noticed is its white not black, no idea if that makes it different to normal or not, but I am sure if this board is ok with that velcro then it should be ok with others. But I would first check that all velcro is equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back