Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speed controller

Tomtomdrum69

Hello
Please would someone be kind enough to help me to get my 12v brushless motor to work?
I have a 3 phase 12v blush less motor, and a speed controller, along with a CCPM Servo Consistency Master.
Is there any way via some form of electronic witchcraft that i might be able to get this motor to power up, full throttle at the push of a button.
At the mo, i have to add power to the three Components, with the speed dial on the Consistency Master turned right down, wait for a few audible bleeps which mean the controller has recognised the motor, and then turn the dial up to activate the motor.
I have ben told that i might need an Aruino. But as i am a Gas Engineer by trade, i have no idea about electronics. So please be kind and gentle with me.
Any advice in laymen’s terms would be truly amazing for me.
Thanks you so much for reading this.
Tom

Attachments

• 229032A5-3543-4C81-9CE9-C17246C2FD71.jpeg
    229032A5-3543-4C81-9CE9-C17246C2FD71.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 126
  • D4FEE69F-05D9-422C-BC92-C5596517B9EE.jpeg
    D4FEE69F-05D9-422C-BC92-C5596517B9EE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 120
As Max says, the controller you have is intended for RC models, which overcomplicates things.

You would be far better off with a different controller; there are several versions similar in appearance to the one below, that just need power, enable and a pot to set the speed:

Just be sure to get the correct type for the motor - Hall feedback, if the motor has a position sensor cable (typically five wires, separate from the power connections) or sensorless, for a motor without that.

If you search around, you should be able to find them rather cheaper than that example.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back