Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound sensitive bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilot

hi there

i need for a circuit(link) to a sound sensitive robot...using from microphones to detect the sound...

it should be funny making one

thanks for any help.

search yourself using google! :evil:

What do you want it to do anyway wen it hears an sound? start runing around or somting?

and yea we have google

oh i have searched with the Google but with no a good success.

yes my mean is an "EAR" bot that has a couple of Microphones at its sides
and when it hear a sound it goes toward it.

i think it is not so hard making one with the microcontrollers..
the hardest part is writing the codes...

You have to sample all the microphone whith ADC.And then goes in the deirectin that the ADC detects the most change.

you need to construct at least 4 mic amps with mics and connect them to a pic adc lines, that do the reading. you need one mic for each corner and putt a litle wall betwean those mics so that it gives a better result. so your bot should look a bit like X and a mic in everi corner.

i dont think i need for a complete ADC for the mic

it may be possible making an ear bot with PIC 16F84

it might be possible with only 2 mics.

i am in doubt there is no link about a such kind bot on the net?!

hehehe lol :lol:

my idea at first was 2 ears and i wrote that message to "bloody-orc" Nigel.
although i know he meant that the bot needs for 4 mics for all POSITIONs
2 for front and 2 for back...

please dont forget, a such robot has a very limited brain than a human or an animal so more than 2 microphones make it more sensitive...
a man or animal can DO his or her jobs(all jobs) with one ear too but an ear bot will be crazy with only one ear :lol:
:wink:

epilot said:
please dont forget, a such robot has a very limited brain than a human or an animal so more than 2 microphones make it more sensitive...
a man or animal can DO his or her jobs(all jobs) with one ear too but an ear bot will be crazy with only one ear :lol:
:wink:

One is obviously no good (there's no way to locate sound with only one ear, with any degree of accuracy), but two can do all you require, four would simply reduce the required movements somewhat.

"four would simply reduce the required movements somewhat."

yes and this is exactly what i wanted to say.

anyway i have got only one result from google and if noone could give us an idea, i will put the link here

best regards.

epilot said:
"four would simply reduce the required movements somewhat."

yes and this is exactly what i wanted to say.

anyway i have got only one result from google and if noone could give us an idea, i will put the link here

It's not really any different to a light following robot, you just need to provide a strength signal from each microphone - the robot simply turns towards whichever side is the strongest, trying to keep both the same strength.

.[/quote]
It's not really any different to a light following robot, you just need to provide a strength signal from each microphone - the robot simply turns towards whichever side is the strongest, trying to keep both the same strength.[/quote]

yes exactly and this is the reason..i said i am in doubt why there is no URL on the net.
it is not so hard and what we need rather than photodiods is a couple of mics and amplifiers...

i think as my first robot project (with th microcontrollers) it is very better that i make an sound robot and not a line following robot,
a sound robot is funnier

i suggest to make a BEAM bot. find a light follower schematic and instead of using photodiodes for the eyes, use mics+amp(if required). it is wery simple and does not require pic nor programming

But an light folowr has an costant input of light so it can thurn and wen there is the same amount of light on bouth sensors it starts going forward.

But here you have an loud sound like a clap for somone and you must imidietly firure out form where it came so 4 mics wod be beter to go.

well we dont know what sound we are getting so i give him all kinds of options. this can be used when the robot is following a boombox (player/radio) not a clap or so. when he wants to find the clap, then he has to use a pic cause there is no other option unfortunately.

an light follower is not a good choice for a sound detector bot
we have to use from microcontrollers beside,
when we have 2 mics then we can not use from a light follower bot because we need for an microcontroller to detect the differenceial phase(phase shift) of mics...i myself dont think an light follower bot will work as a sound detector bot not with a constant sound and nor with claps.

"But here you have an loud sound like a clap for somone and you must imidietly firure out form where it came so 4 mics wod be beter to go."
yes but when you use from a micro then it can detect the "differenceial phase"(how do you spell it?) and 2 mics are enough though i said 4 mics are better too

it will be wery hard to turn to a clap. try it yourself: blind yourself, turn around on one spot and ask someone clap at some time. then turn to that clap and walk to him/her. if you may do it 4 times out of 8 then bot will do it 2 times out of 20. you have to mesure how loud the cap acn be etc. but all this info is allready in your brain but you have to insert all this info in the bot.

(i hope you understand my grammar. it ain't wery good)

also when i sed use a BEAM robot and mics instead of photodiodes. i thought like you connect one mic(+amp) to one motor and the other mic to the other motor. so that when one mic gets a louder noise then the motor it is connected to runs faster so the robot turns to the sound.

Whith 2 mics echos of walls and stuff cod confuse it.

If you use an light forlower design you will have to make the mics output DC or the comparitors will go crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back