Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sound Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizen Zungu

I've made a 6v sound detector that works but not at its full pontentail. I'm using an eletret microphone and I connected a 33k ohms resistor in series with it. Now the microphone isn't detecting all/most of the sound pulses. My circuit still works but now it's just irritating how it works, but in a way doesn't. How can I increase my microphones sensitivity? Do I reduce my resistance or increase my supply voltage and change my capacitors?

Can you show us the schematic you're using?

Electrets can be a bit finicky, as they require a pull-up resistor and DC-blocking caps, as well as a preamp/amplifier.

I don't know how you expect us to help if we don't know what circuit you're using ;):p

Regards,
Matt

Can you show us the schematic you're using?

Electrets can be a bit finicky, as they require a pull-up resistor and DC-blocking caps, as well as a preamp/amplifier.

I don't know how you expect us to help if we don't know what circuit you're using ;):p

Regards,
Matt

Maybe you could go away with this:

ball.jpg

Do you expect the 33k resistor in series with an electret mic to power the Jfet transistor inside the mic and to amplify the tiny signal about 200 times?
Please post your schematic.

Maybe you could make a boundary mic out of the electret insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back