Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMD Device not removing

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderd18

Hey Guys

I've done my research on how to remove SMD devices from a PCB motherboard and brought a T8280 PREHEATING STATION and 852D SMD station. I understand you have to preheat the motherboard to around 120C-150C and use the hot air gun to make the device loose so then you can remove it. I still can't remove any SMD device on the motherboard I've preheated the board to 170C and the hot air gun is at 250C with the air flow set to about 1/3. I cant even remove the small capacitors with 3 pins. I'm certain im using the right temperatures but I don't know where Im going wrong. Also the board is a acer laptop motherboard

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back