Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMD component identification

peepermeeper

Hello I need help identifying these what I believe are SMD resistors labeled R22 and R23 how does one go about finding what these are without a schematic is it just by size. I don't think I can accurately measure them since they are malfunctioning? Noob here.

Thank you

Attachments

• 1707692694706.jpg
    1707692694706.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
FIRST,,,, what type of unit are we looking at?
Second ,,,what symptoms are you having?
Then what makes you believe these two items are bad?

Not trying to be snide but its like:
" What is this item labeled rxxx Oh sorry camera bad and no picture"

We will be glad to help if you meet us half way.

Its is a BMS for a onewheel xr
the one wheel will not power up and flashes a code related to issues with the BMS this is after a modification to the battery where I believe the PCB received a impact force directly on those two components
I believe they are bad because they heat up instantly to scalding hot when powered in situ also in the picture it seems to me as if they have a excessive heat discoloration
FIRST,,,, what type of unit are we looking at?
Second ,,,what symptoms are you having?
Then what makes you believe these two items are bad?

Not trying to be snide but its like:
" What is this item labeled rxxx Oh sorry camera bad and no picture"

We will be glad to help if you meet us half way.

Does my picture not show up ?

I can see your picture but it's blurry.
SMD resistors normally have three numbers, the first two are actual values and the third is the number of zeros to follow (power of 10).
So the resistors marked 620 are 62 followed by no zeros so 62 ohms.

If you can get a clearer picture it would help.

Mike.

Resistors rarely get too hot because they have failed. It's usually something else that causes a resistor to get too hot. Also resistors can run hot enough to hurt your finger without them being harmed.

I guess that there would be some other problem but it is difficult to know.

It was a cbxr battery upgrade which has a history of bms problems due to it's very tight ever so slightly sketchy install since they fit I think 15 extra cells over the stock battery in the same housing

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back