Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small sound sensitive flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi:

I have a project to make a circuit to flash an LED each time it detects an impact.
Basically I am trying to make a pair of flashing drumsticks from acrylic tubing with a 3/8" ID.

The challenge is the Int diameter (3/8") of the clear acrylic drumstick tube.

I am thinking about a 7555 smd one shot with a vibration sensor or maybe a piezo sensor. Driven off about 3V of watch batteries.

Can anyone suggest a suitable sensor that would fit? Perhaps a low power SMD microcontroller maybe a better soln than a 7555 timer.....as it would have an ADC to sample a piezo sensor.

Hi Mosaic. I'm thinking you could probably do this with just a few transistors and resistors. It may take some planning to wire together, but it should definitely fit in the space you describe. I found this schematic a while ago and thought it might do the trick:

**broken link removed**

I hope this helps!
Regards,
Der Strom

Thx... but that's a hi component count, although since I am driving an LED the last transistor & relay could be omitted. Voltage might be an issue. I am thinking of using zinc air PR44 type cells.
Chances are a 8 pin smd uC might offer the lowest parts count...but overall might be more expensive.

Still wondering about a sensor to fit in that diameter.

Thx... but that's a hi component count, although since I am driving an LED the last transistor & relay could be omitted. Voltage might be an issue. I am thinking of using zinc air PR44 type cells.
Chances are a 8 pin smd uC might offer the lowest parts count...but overall might be more expensive.

Still wondering about a sensor to fit in that diameter.

The component count is rather high, but they are all very small. You could probably fit 4 1/4 watt resistors in there next to each other (making sort of a cylinder) and it would take up about a centimeter in length. Transistors aren't very big, and the electret mic would fit perfectly in a 3/8 inch hole. I don't think the number of components would be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back