Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single LED - 3 Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any LED's out there that are capable of outputting 3 different colors while coming out of a single LED. From pawing around I find that the RGB led is capable of this. Does anyone know of alternate technology that is capable of outputting Red, White and blue from a single LED?

Any info on topic would help. Thanks!

Hi,

Single white LED with transparent color wheel and motor or servo.

Thx for the reply. I think that would work great but may not work for my application and I should have been clearer in my description. I apologize.

This needs to be a discrete single LED that can fit into a .200" circle. It is intended to go into a keypad and needs to be software select able between the 3 different colors. (aka hit Fn key and say "B" key for Blue)

Hello,

Well then you are stuck with using an RGB LED. Dont count on getting mixed colors though as those things usually dont mix well because there is a small but significant distance between the different color LED dies on the chip, so the light projects in slightly different angles. Sounds like you dont need that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back