Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sinewave oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

erique82

Can anyone provide/teach me how to make a 2Mhz sinewave oscillator.... I tried designing one on multisim with tl071 as op amp, but no output came out during simulation... please provide me with a circuit diagram...tq...

erique82 said:
Can anyone provide/teach me how to make a 2Mhz sinewave oscillator.... I tried designing one on multisim with tl071 as op amp, but no output came out during simulation... please provide me with a circuit diagram...tq...

What's it for?.

2MHz is RF, and you should really be looking at LC oscillators! - not audio opamps!.

Looking at the datasheet for the TL071, at 2MHz its output max slew-rate would produce a tiny triangle wave.
Its max gain at 2MHz is slightly more than a piece of wire.

Attachments

• tl071_398.png
    tl071_398.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 692
2MHz is a radio frequency. To make a radio frequency oscillator then you should use parts that can operate that high.

think i should use colpitts? but then what type of bjt/fet transistor should i use?? this is too much for a newbie to understand

erique82 said:
think i should use colpitts?
Use Colpitts, Hartley or another LC oscillator.

what type of bjt/fet transistor should i use?
Look at a few datasheets and you will see that ordinary audio transistors such as a 2N3904 or BC547 work up to about 300MHz, so 2MHz is no problem for them. Your concern about selecting a suitable transistor might depend on the output voltage or power of your oscillator.

this is too much for a newbie to understand
Just design the oscillator one step at a time and it will be easy.

i think you should have an amplifier, LC circuit in which it is tuned at 2mhz, & dont forget the feedback circuit .

2N3904 i think its fine already,
LC circuit you should use the formula for certian frequency or you can use a crystal oscillator
if you are using colpitss, i think much better to use a haRTLEY OR ARMSTRONG.

tHANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back