Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simplyfying a single single sinusoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
simplyfying a single sinusoid

the question ask to simplify the following in a single sinsuoid x(t)= A+Bcos(ωt+θ)

here i the question
x(t)=5+5cos(200∏t+∏/2)+3cos(200∏t-∏/3)-2cos(200∏t-∏/4)

I am attaching what I did but not sure if it correct.
Since the ω∏t is same for all, I used euler form to convert the signal and then to rectangular form to add the real value and imaginary value and then back to Euler form and then in single sinusoid form.
euler formula is re^jθ=rcosθ+jrsinθ=rcos(ω+θ)

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Determine the phase shift between the cosine function and the sine function. Use the trigonometry identity cos(x) = sin(x+Pi/2) to show that we can obtain the cosine function by shifting the sine wave Pi/2 to the left. The cosine function is therefore the sine function with a phase shift of -Pi/2.

hotels insel krk
hotels Baska

Last edited:
the question ask to simplify the following in a single sinsuoid x(t)= A+Bcos(ωt+θ)

here i the question
x(t)=5+5cos(200∏t+∏/2)+3cos(200∏t-∏/3)-2cos(200∏t-∏/4)

I am attaching what I did but not sure if it correct.
Since the ω∏t is same for all, I used euler form to convert the signal and then to rectangular form to add the real value and imaginary value and then back to Euler form and then in single sinusoid form.
euler formula is re^jθ=rcosθ+jrsinθ=rcos(ω+θ)

Thanks for the help

Hello,

So where is your result, what did you get for the final answer?

You can also use the identities:

B*cos(wt+b)=B*(cos(b)*cos(wt)-sin(b)*sin(wt)), and
B*cos(wt-b)=B*(cos(b)*cos(wt)+sin(b)*sin(wt))

and

A*sin(wt)+B*cos(wt)=sqrt(A^2+B^2)*sin(wt+Ph)

where

Ph=atan2(B,A)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back