Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple serial link PIC2PIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGBrainbow

Hi,

@Nigel Goodwin: In this thread () You wrote about a serial PIC2PIC link.

I'm looking for a safe and simple way to serially connect a bunch of lowend 4MHz PICs using normal portpins and no interrupt. Data rate is very slow (~70 bits per second) and the transmission is running only from time to time. Data to transmit is 8 bit. 1 up to 10 bytes are to be sent/received during a transmission process.
Can You give me some hints, how an applicable serial protocol could look like ?

regards
joachim
[/url]

RGBrainbow said:
I'm looking for a safe and simple way to serially connect a bunch of lowend 4MHz PICs using normal portpins and no interrupt. Data rate is very slow (~70 bits per second) and the transmission is running only from time to time. Data to transmit is 8 bit. 1 up to 10 bytes are to be sent/received during a transmission process.
Can You give me some hints, how an applicable serial protocol could look like ?

Just use a standard RS232 type link, as it's from PIC to PIC you don't need to bother with MAX232's to give the +/-12V signals - just connect directly from pin to pin.

The simple software routines in my RS232 tutorial work fine for this, I've used them many times.

Thank You very much.
In the tutorial i found the last pieces for the puzzle.
Thanks again.
regards
joachim

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back