Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial port monitoring with PIC

Peet19

Hi everyone!
I just have a quick question. Is it possible to monitor the serial port with a PIC?
Like with ESP32 or arduino?
Thank you in advance for your help!

Check this trick out. If you use a PICkit 2 for programming, you can monitor a serial output from the PIC without changing connections.

The other approach is to get a USB–UART converter like the one shown here.

Connect the adapter's RX pin to the PIC TX pin, and the adapter's TX pin to PIC RX pin, and you can see anything you print from the PIC to the UART using a terminal emulator on your PC.

I prefer adapters using the CH340 chip, as there seem to be fewer problems with obsolete versions and fake versions.

The jumper on this type of adapter is a bit confusing – it sets the logic level on the TX and RX pins. Set it to match the voltage the PIC is using.

Screenshot_20230628_140253_Edge.jpg

Hi everyone!
I just have a quick question. Is it possible to monitor the serial port with a PIC?
Like with ESP32 or arduino?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Seems everyone answered the question that wasn't asked. They answered "how to monitor a serial port with a P.C."

Sorry, just being pedantic.

Mike.
Actually, #2 might be (is) correct.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back