Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Question on PIC16F628...

Status
Not open for further replies.

si2030

Hi there,

This is my first post in this forum and I hope I am in the right place...

I have been studying assembler and have come across the RESET VECTOR AND INTERUPT VECTOR.

I have looked at the datasheet and sure enough there they are at 0000H and 0004H.

I would like to know how you use them and when you use them..

Hope someone can shed some light on this..

Thanks in advance
Simon

Hi there,

This is my first post in this forum and I hope I am in the right place...

I have been studying assembler and have come across the RESET VECTOR AND INTERUPT VECTOR.

I have looked at the datasheet and sure enough there they are at 0000H and 0004H.

I would like to know how you use them and when you use them..

Hope someone can shed some light on this..

Thanks in advance
Simon

hi,:)

The 0x0000h is the Program Counter address at which the program starts, the PIC will read the 0x0000h location as it powers up after RESET

The 0x0004 is an Interrupt address. IF the program Enables interrupts and an interrupt occurs the Program Counter will be loaded with 0x0004, where the interrupt subroutine start is located and the ISR [ interrupt sub routine] will run.

OK.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back