Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple FM radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

doreen2k

Hello Guys.

I am new here.

I have read a lot about making a simple Radio and I like this topic very much.

But all I read is about making a simple AM radio.

Is there a way to make a simple FM radio?

By regenerative principle only. If you add a self(simplest) or external quench oscillator to a basic FM transmitter circuit, you get a receiver! Search for 'one transistor fm radio'.

Superheterodyne FM receivers are much complex, yet an autodyne frequency converter with a charge pump demodulator is the simplest way of doing it.

Third option is to start from the worst FM chip like TDA7088. It maybe simple.

There is an article about a simple crystal FM radio on the web.
Don't you know that "simple" means horrible performance?

Yes, that is absolutely true.

I have also been interested in making my own FM transmitter, but rather with an IC. Thus, performance in audio quality and range would be better. Does anyone know of any ICs that would fit that category and accomplish what I'd like? I think the OP would be interested in using an IC too, I don't think many external parts would be required.

Thanks,

Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back