Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple arithmetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Clochards make their living on what they get.

One or another even smokes cigarettes made of cigarette ends found in the street. Suitable paper can be found in public restrooms.

It takes three cigarette ends to make one cigarette.

One of those "rouge ordinaire" brothers found two cigarette ends but couldn't make cigarette of them. So asked his companion to lend him a butt.

He rolled a cigarette and smoked it. Thereafter he returned the cigarette end.

Nobody had a loss from that business.

Think about it. It's almost the same as renewable energy formulas. :)

Another example of arithmetics happened to me while I was in Turkey.

A sales woman gave me a one-dollar note asking me to buy some stuff at the BX.

I asked her for more money since the items totalled to about 8$. She replied: "This is a 10$ note". I asked confused how she got the idea to multiply with 10. She replied again: "Look, it's printed here: One Dollar, but misprinted. It should be "On Dollar".

"On" is the turkish word for "ten". :D

Boncuk

I didn't know people smoke cigarette butts.. but I don't smoke so I'm extraordinarily uninformed 'bout it.. haha..

hmm, I think you will find he is referring to the little bit of tobacco left in the stub. I have done it on the rare occasion that I was desperate, and I REALLY mean desperate as it tasted foul but still helped the craving. Oh and they were always MY cig butts in case you were wondering lol!

Not indulged in this awful and addictive habit for 6 years now thankfully.

hmm, I think you will find he is referring to the little bit of tobacco left in the stub. I have done it on the rare occasion that I was desperate, and I REALLY mean desperate as it tasted foul but still helped the craving. Oh and they were always MY cig butts in case you were wondering lol!

Not indulged in this awful and addictive habit for 6 years now thankfully.

I've been quit for 30yrs I hate big tobacco comp. Their making a come back with the younger generation. Most start smoking while drinking.

They fool them self's in the believe they only do it when they drink.

RETARDS:rolleyes:

I find it odd how more men used to smoke than women but in generation more women seem to smoke than men. I don't know why and I don't like women who smoke.

I've been quit for 30yrs I hate big tobacco comp. Their making a come back with the younger generation. Most start smoking while drinking.

They fool them self's in the believe they only do it when they drink.

RETARDS:rolleyes:

Quite harsh words there!

Yes I started socially and then smoked more and more. In the end I was on about 40 rollups a day.
I think there are 2 different types of smokers, those who can have a social fag or enjoy a couple a day and those (like me) who become physically addicted and can't go more than an hour without nicotine. Just three or four hours for me without a fag was enough to have me scrounging through the ashtray for dimps, if there was no alternative available!

In the end I used a rather unconventional method of aversion therapy to kill the habit as everything else failed the overwhelming physical need for nicotine - this meant continuing smoking as normal, but every time I wanted a cig I flicked my wrist with a rubber band - enough to cause a little pain. I would light up and do the same. Every drag - another flick. After about 3 days of this I had drastically reduced the number of cigs a day by at least half, and after about ten days I finally gave up without any withdrawals. My wife smoked through all this (she is unwilling to try this method!) and we continued to go to the pub etc. and it didn't bother me in the least.

The thing that disgusts me about the whole anti-smoking (I am not an anti-smoker in fact I don't agree with the blanket ban in roofed areas) thing is that all these paid therapists, and that includes our GP's / national health service do not suggest the above method. I wonder why?

olly_k said:
I think there are 2 different types of smokers, those who can have a social fag or enjoy a couple a day and those (like me) who become physically addicted and can't go more than an hour without nicotine.

This is the problem. The big tobacco company's know that it can and will build up in the body to the point that you are addicted.

Now all you have to do is live awhile have a few tragedy's that make you drink more or smoke more.

Everyone with that mentality don't begin as an addict they gradually become one.

Think of Cancer in the Beginning it's benign until it grows and eats your "money" your life and takes you friends with it.

Not harsh "Truth"

Meanwhile big Tobacco Company "executives" live the life of luxury on our ignorance. Do they Smoke Hell no their educated and are fully aware of their products capability.

Plain and simple. I hates'em,
**broken link removed**

I find it odd how more men used to smoke than women but in generation more women seem to smoke than men. I don't know why and I don't like women who smoke.

A good number of the women I know who smoke say they do it so that they dont gain weight. WTF?

Apparently smoking for 2 hours a day seems like a healthier alternative than getting exercise and eating less for two hours a day? :confused:

But then again they dont get exercise all that much because they cant catch there breath and get tired easy. :(

I've heard all sorts of stories about tobacco companies handing out free fags to kids in Africa in the hope the become addicted.

I don't smoke but I have an idea for those who smoke rollups and want to quit. Rather than reducing the number of cigs you smoke, just cut down the amount of tobacco in the rollup and replace it with some harmless dried reasonable tasting herbs (mint, sage, comfy etc.) and keep cutting down the tobacco content until you're nearly smoking purely herbal cigarettes, then you be easily be able to stop altogether.

I asked her for more money since the items totalled to about 8$. She replied: "This is a 10$ note". I asked confused how she got the idea to multiply with 10. She replied again: "Look, it's printed here: One Dollar, but misprinted. It should be "On Dollar".

Aren't the Turks using those very "airy" liras?

Last edited:

... especially in the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back