Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple 0-5V voltage output

Status
Not open for further replies.

edd209

Hi,
I want to control a piece of equipment using an input signal between 0 and 5V and I want to do this from a PC. Ive done this in the past using a microcontroller and PWM signal through some smoothing filters.

But it seems like what I want to do is so trivial that building up a microcontroller circuit and dealing with all the comms etc. ought to be unnecessary. Does anyone know of a really simple solution to this problem? Im thinking something along the lines of a USB circuit or device I can just talk to using .NET that will set the output to (say) 4.2V.

Not had any luck searching around, but im sure if its out there you guys will know. ;)

thanks
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back