Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shorted Canon Camera LP E8 battery .... Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up doing this becasue somebody said it might kick the battery back into life. I think you alluded to it where providing power to one of the Ics would bring it out of sleep mode.
20211027_222957.jpg

After connecting the battery pack that I built to the camera battery (after about 5 mins) I disconnected it, because I was going to bed. I inserted the camera battery into the charger and the charger's 'charging light lit for a moment. The insertion of the canon battery was awkward because it's not properly reassembled. I will attached my homemade pack to the canon battery for a few hours tomorrow and then try it in the charger, hopefully it will have taken more of a charge from the my battery pack to allow it to continue to charge in the canon charger. I'll also know to insert the canon battery in a better way. I will keep you posted.

OK; from those readings, it appears the battery controller is in "ready to charge" state., with over-discharge still latched on.
That should be reset by connecting a charger.

The pin G6 voltage reading shows the cells are rather low and that may be holding the output off.

Can you check for continuity between battery positive and one of the external terminals & likewise pin R1 on the FET to another external terminal?

I'm wondering if there is a fuse or blown connection somewhere and one of the external terminals is now disconnected from the rest of the board??
I've attached 4 images. The first is before I connected the camera battery to the battery pack I made and the reading is 0.152. The second is after the camera battery had been connected to the DIY battery pack for about 3 hours and it's reading 7.62v. The third is the camera battery in the charger, but the charger's light is not coming on. The forth shows a spurious battery and the charger working.
20211027_213957.jpg20211028_125333.jpg20211028_125427.jpg20211028_130011.jpg

Last edited:
I've attached 4 images. The first is before I connected the camera battery to the battery pack I made and the reading is 0.152. The second is after the camera battery had been connected to the DIY battery pack for about 3 hours and it's reading 7.62v. The third is the camera battery in the charger, but the charger's light is not coming on. The forth shows a spurious battery and the charger working
.20211027_213957.jpg20211028_125333.jpg20211028_125427.jpg20211028_130011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back