Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shipping Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

I have a question about shipping something. Say I have something that I am willing to part with, yet I do not want to pay shipping charge. Is there still such a thing as COD shipping? By that I mean, can I send freight overseas, and recipient must pay for charges, and no charges to me?

Here in the states, you can ship COD via UPS, that I know of. Perhaps FedX and USPS have the service also.

Don't know about overseas, but I'm sure one of the services can advise.

EDIT: googling FEDX COD proves affirmative, but only in the US.

Last edited:
THe post office isn't going to send something for you on faith that the recipient will pay for it. You'd have to pay for the shipping costs like normal but make the COD payment be item price + COD cost to get it back.

If you're paranoid enough about the receiver not paying that you won't even front the initial shipping cost temporarily, then you shouldn't even be sending it in the first place.

Last edited:
I have a question about shipping something. Say I have something that I am willing to part with, yet I do not want to pay shipping charge. Is there still such a thing as COD shipping? By that I mean, can I send freight overseas, and recipient must pay for charges, and no charges to me?

hi,
You can get paid up front by using a International money transfer from the buyers Bank or
an Unredeemable Bankers draft, again into your Bank.

It does cost to do this, add it to the buyers bill.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back