Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic for digital alarm clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

ar_nasty

someone please.......help me..
i need schematic diagram for digital alarm clock using motorola 68000....
next week have to submit,.....:( plzzz

Hahahahaha!! :D Who builds a clock with a 68000? What a strange spec.

Anyway, it's not a microcontroller (it's an antique microprocessor), so nobody here is likely to be able to help you. I used to program 68000s in assembler and a little C, but that was back in the 80's. Mostly forgotten now.

Would it not have made more sense to ask for this 6 weeks ago when you had time to ask your lecturer and find out what you needed for this?
Or better yet, have just paid attention in class in the first instance?

Motorola...yuk...use something from a company that actually cares for it's customers...

rgds

this is my school project...
i just get this project title last week from my lecture...
i know this is out of date microprossesor ...but what can i do....?
for the assembly language i can make it by my self..
but i need schematic diagram for my hardware so that i can connect to motorola 68K trainer

Last edited:
It might be an old processor, but it's a VERY powerful one - massive overkill for a clock.
Very true. I love Motorola CPUs. Very well designed and nice to code for.

ar_nasty said:
i need schematic diagram for digital alarm clock using motorola 68000
I think you're VERY unlikely to find anyone with that exact schematic, unless one of your classmates from previous years is hanging around here and wants to help you cheat.

But there are lots of clock schematics all over the interweb that you could adapt. To code for them you'll have to understand them intimately anyway. Why not just look at some, borrow some ideas and design something. Do you have to use any particular type of display? If not, then a simple 16x2 character LCD is very easy to use. Hook that and some control buttons and maybe a piezo beeper (for the alarm) up and start coding.

**broken link removed** if it helps you. There's some other bits of code there too that might give you some clues. But nothing specifically for 68000 of course. The only 68000s I ever used were the main CPUs of desktop computers. I never hooked any outboard circuitry to them.

If you're planning to get all that done in one week, and don't understand how to make your own schematic even... then I'm afraid you're in for a very low grade unless you get on the ball RIGHT NOW! If you work night and day, nonstop, all week, you might have something worth submitting at the end of the week. But maybe you're faster than most people, and can do it very rapidly, with no mistakes... :D

Last edited:
thnkz bro. for that schematic diagram.. i try to get some idea from your schematic and manipulate it to my project..i will text u if i got a problem..:)

Last edited:
helLo.....:Λ
i neEd schematic diagram of
digitaL aLarm cLock...
somEoNe caN heLp mE?????
pPlLLLzzzzz.....:

Last edited:
And your idiocy helps how? It is a poor attempt at humor, go waste it elsewhere without bumping old topics.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back