Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

salaries for techs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shogun1

Wanted to know what the average salary for an electronic technician with an associates in electronic engineering is.Starting out salary and with experience salary

There are no standard scale for this I belive. I f you start your own business (I mean self employed) you can earn better.

My suggestion if you want to start on your own.

1. Gain a few years of technical experience....2-3 years.
2. Make good contacts in meantime.
3. Establish a well-knit marketing network of yours.
4. ZOOOOOOOOOM

In the States I would guess a tech makes between $35k and $50k.

I know a person that opened a mobile TV repairs business and that making a killing. TV's are large now, and you can get all the schematics online via a service. You go to them, charge for travel.

He has 3 trucks now on the road.

William At MyBlueRoom said:
What site has online TV schematics? I'm looking at repairing an old Toshiba 32" and I was just going to replace all the C3xx caps (it's got a vertical problem)

Generally they are only available to dealers, NOT the general public.

Frame faults on Toshiba sets were often caused by small 1uF and 2.2uF electrolytics, often actually leaking. However, they can be hard to find as they are often hidden away where you wouldn't expect them - jungle area, and NOT the frame output stage.

William At MyBlueRoom said:
The jungle... Is that the busy chip in the center of the PCB?

Depends on the set, 'jungle' is where the line and frame oscillators, sync seperator etc. are - sometimes one chip, some times spread over two or three.

He was a member of a repair forum, I have not seen him for some time but I will try to get the name. They all email TV problems on a maillist, and the other TV guys mail solutions if they have them, like this forum.. And I think SAMS was one of the places he bought schematics.

None of the sites were free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back