Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Riddle I don't manage to solve

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

There are 7 hexagons, all have numbers on there sides.
The hexagons need to be placed next to each other - 1 in the center and the 6 others around it - so each two adjacent sides has the same numbers.

Any idea how to do it?

hexagon-jpg.46075

Attachments

• Hexagon.jpg
    Hexagon.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 364
I couldn't solve it either, but I made a fair attempt.
**broken link removed**

Edit:
Ok, I gave it another go.

Attachments

• Hexagons_solved.jpg
    Hexagons_solved.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
I saw that one in college a number of years ago. I just used my mojo jive rhythm to solve it. :D

It's actually a very simple pattern once you see the start of it.

The solution took me longer to draw out than to solve, which took about 5 seconds.:)

The algorithm is: Find the one that goes in the center ( see the hint for this ) Next, pick a number on the center figure, find two figures which have a common number which, when lined up with the center, starts on the number you picked, and ends on the adjacent number. There was more than one possiblility, so you might have to try a couple combonations. If you get that far, the rest sort of falls into place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back