Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Research papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

shekiboy

Hi all!
Iam Electronics Student n want to know about methodology/process of writing a research paper/any other form of technical publication.
Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
Thanks all!

You can see a few research papers to know about it...

Research papers are generally purchased... But here is a site with a few free journals...

Directory of Open Journals Access.
**broken link removed**

Hope this helps....

Both of my kids (medical professionals) had several semesters worth of this subject. Have you checked with your university to see if there are courses offered? Check with the library - they might run seminars.

I'd expect a search of Amazon or other publications suppliers to turn up hundreds of books on the subject. I recommend that you not limit your search to the free stuff you might find on the internet.

I had the exact same question until it discovered my university library's Electronic Catalog. If I'm on a hot streak, I'll even find a few research papers on the web, but this is a very rare occourance and sometimes their sources are "BS'ed" as the saying goes. :lol:

I've only used the MLA and APA citation styles for sources. There's an excellent summary of them at **broken link removed**.

As for writing style, there are just conventions you tend to pick up on after reading other papers. Don't speak in the 1st person, don't use contractions, "i"s dotted, "t"s crossed, you know the rest. Academia is obsessed with all the formalaties, but since you're a student, you'll probably have a technical writing class your sophomore year that will cover technical writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back